Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Reason #5 for Moving to San Francisco - Religions

~
Reason #5 is... how can I say this politely?  I'll just let the graphics tell you.  Check out Idaho/Utah and then California.  Focus on the Mormons.  Nuff said.  Keep in mind that I'm in Mormon territory.  My first introduction to the LDS religion was being told that I wouldn't be able to join my baby, Jacob, who died when he was 3 1/2 months old, because he would be in a different... heaven than I would be.  Nice. 

On another note, I'm reading Anne Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".  If I had to do a book report on it, I'd come away with an F.  It's deeply confusing, and makes me feel stupid.  It's trying to tell me something deep, and I'm not getting it.  I think that it's got Lord God as Savior undertones to it, but it's taking FOR. EVER to get there.  And something to do with government and how far it can go to legislate ... everything, including repressing feelings and emotions, saying what one "should" feel and taking action accordingly.  If this sentence is a lot of blah blah blah, acting as if it's saying something really important but really is going around in circles... blame the damn book. 

I just Googled "Atlas Shrugged" and Wikipedia's version popped up.  Scroll down to read more than just the top paragraph.  I can see that I definitely flunked my book report. 

And I'm thinking it would be going against it's point - whatever it is that it's trying to teach me, if I say that I think the government should step in and outlaw anyone from being a parent until after their 30's.

TTFN

~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheer or jeer me on...