Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Laundry Day

 Out my door to the elevator.  Walk with me?  It's my first time.  


Down to the basement.  B is for basement.  So helpful. 


 Walk walk walk. 

















Walk walk walk walk walking.  I'm reminded of what Friedrich Nietzsche used to say, "All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking".

I'm sure I'll come up with one any second.  


Walk walk walking and walking. Good thing "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time", as said by Steven Wright.  Walk walk walk.  

Even THIS laundry room?   Dum dum de dum....




 Up another elevator.  Walk.


 Up 5 floors. Ho hum. Hmmm.  Wonder why they get pretty blue doors on their elevator in this building and my building has boring beige. 



 Oh!  Such a view right out of the elevator!


 Look, Annie, there's the trees you pee on down there!



Coolbeans, another perspective of the Victorian houses.

Speaking of coolbeans, whatever happened to my Bean People Book that I drew of bean people?  Although they looked more like pea people.  I'm suspecting my sister, simply because I found a bunch of letters today, that she wrote me when I was pregnant with Jeremy... and she drew the bean person on her letters... basically stealing my bean person as her own creation.  And if she'll do that, then it just stands to reason that she would steal my entire portfolio.... right?  Of course right.


 Walk walk walk.  I am reminded of what Pepper Giardino said, "Walking is good for solving problems - it's like the feet are little psychiatrists".

That's how I was able to figure out who took my Bean People Book.  Walking, walk walk.  



 At last! Boy, Lao Tsu wasn't joking when he said, "The longest journey begins with a single step"!


 Sheesh, I'm blinded by the light.  This is the last thing I expected... a cheerful laundry room!


 Annie stuck her nose out the window and looks 5 stories down and scares herself.


















Ellen DeGeneres said her grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60 years old.  She's 93 years old now, and they don't know where the hell she is... perhaps they should check the laundry room.

~

2 comments:

  1. Laurie, I love your blogs. And your photos remind me of my childhood. I grew up in San Francisco and the Bay area. Please keep it coming!briev

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Bean and Pea People. You had a wonderful book of them. Santa Bean and many others. I remember that. I wondered where it went when we were packing you up. Great to know that I have it somewhere. I'll have to look in my stash. Obviously, it had to be me. ;)

    By the way, on the record, I NEVER claimed them as my own. I just stole the use of them and told my girls that you and I made them up when we were growing up. You had bean people, I did the pea people. I think.

    Thanks for the tour! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Cheer or jeer me on...