Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaBloPoMo, can I have a pass please?


~
Dear NaBloPoMo,

Can I just say that real life gets in the way of blogging every day?

















Today's plan was simple really.  I thought it even justified wearing earrings.  Kitty Cat earrings.















Hmmm....Hiney seems to be interested in something, doesn't he?  Oh, and it's very, very bright.
















This is what Hiney's looking at.  He's doing the math in his head.  If Annie wears a large, and these look much smaller, and the two little dogs aren't here anymore... 
















Crap, he says.  Wow, I say, the red one fits on the first try!  He then zoomed across the room to the cat tree.













Up to the second platform.
















And then the third.
















Finally, he slows down.  Only to glare at me.

















Perhaps he can rub it off?  I'd feel bad for him except for the part where I can't stop laughing. 
















Suddenly, he notices his brother, in the same fix, only his harness is black and hard to see. I have to say, this is one of the best pictures I've taken of Hiney.  The yellow sunflowers, the red harness finally give him some definition and shape instead of the black blob that I could never get to show up.


.












Somehow I managed to tape during the commercial I hate the most.




And this is where it gets a bit ... tiring.  My knees... the shaking... the weakness.  Damn MS.

























Hiney seems to have completely forgotten about his harness.  He's mesmerized by Barf and his...
















intensity.
















"Seriously?" he says.  He'd never go all Linda Blair Exorcist on me. 


















Linda Blair Exorcist on you".
















Once he got down from the cat tree, he stopped moving.  He may not have gone Linda Blair on me, but he certainly did a good impression of dead weight.


















When playing with the Photoshop, when I came across these "bars", it suddenly seemed appropriate. I felt oddly safer.

































I woke up at 8am in order to get to Pet Express by 10am.  At the point of getting Barf into his crate, it was 9:30am, and someone was sweaty.  It was 55 degrees and the windows were wide open, yet, someone was over-heated.  Damn Cats.













At last, ready to head out the door, at 9:50am.  Pretty darn pleased with myself, I might add, cause now I wouldn't have to go twice, taking one cat at a time.

























Hmmmm... there seems to be a black shapeless blob that wasn't there before...


Houston, we have a problem.

























Finally, we're out the door.  Over one block, with one yowling cat, and the other scratching the hell out of the cardboard box. Up two more blocks and I'm finally cooling down. 

























The lady there in the distance said she heard me coming a block away and thought I had a very upset child on the bike behind me. 

























For 6 1/2 months, the poor darlings have been sequestered in a tiny, 2 room studio apartment, with a foot-wide balcony shelf outside.  Today, I tied them up in harnesses, shoved them into boxes, and took them outside.  Exposed them to cars honking, street cars screeching, and sparking above our heads, strange dogs walking by and people spouting religious dogma on two of the corners. 

























It's for their own good!  But what in the world did I think Annie needed to come along?  Turns out she thinks the cats are her responsibility and to say she was in a bit of a concerned tizzy would be an understatement. 

























Standing in line.  The dog with the shiny eyes had just peed 2 quarts, starting with the corner of Barf's crate.  Fun times!

























I don't have a picture of Barf getting his shots, because my hands were needed to hold him down.  The vet tech said most cats were sharp and quick with their claws.  Barf was more like an octopus, using all his limbs to PUSH her hands off him, without his claws, but it seemed like he had 8 feet instead of just four.

It poured down rain on the way home.  That's all I have to say about that.  

































This is what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. 

That is all. 

























Updated:  Four hours later, I woke up from a nap to find all is forgiven.  Or maybe it's just that they love Annie more than me now.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheer or jeer me on...